Previous service projects
- Assisting women immigrants coming from various locations in Africa and Eastern Europe
- Mentor and caretaker for refugee children
- Translating documents from German to English
- Working and teaching at an after-school center
- Community outreach and development
Many of these children come from countries with names that scream out war and violence: Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq. Some of them have terrible stories behind them. I am glad to help offer them a place where they can have one-on-one attention and know that someone here cares about them and their future. Since many of the kids have no religion or are Muslim, I am glad for the chance to show them that Christians can be their friends. Trying to see my faith from a complete outsider’s point of view prompts me to understand it better.
- Stephanie S.