Previous service projects
- Teaching English at various levels
- Working with immigrants in the local community
- Grant writing and proposals to raise funds for development
- Youth ministry and services
- Community outreach and development in rural areas
Last night one of the sisters showed us a presentation about immigration from the Guatemalan perspective. It really moved me - I was unaware of how many Guatemalans try to get to the US by WALKING! And do you know why? Because 1 US dollar can buy so much here. I bought an ice cream cone yesterday for about 12 cents. The people here work so hard and make so little. But that is why the work the Sisters do here is so important - to help those who really need it.
- Ashley H.