Previous service projects
- Working with local farmers and sharing agriculture techniques
- Mentoring and accompanying orphans and street kids
- Teaching English in primary schools
- Medical missions to local villages
- Distribution of school supplies, basic hygiene products, and clothing to rural communities
- Community outreach and development
Filipino and English
The desire to learn about my own culture and ethnicity fueled the fire for me to go on mission to the Philippines. As a first-generation American it has been difficult to find my identity as a Filipino. I decided the best way to discover who I am as a Filipino is to go the Philippines. And what better way to learn about a culture than by surrounding yourself and serving in that culture?
- Francine G.